Corporate Vendor Management (CVM) at Charles Schwab & Co. is responsible for implementing a firm-wide, end-to-end vendor relationship management process to maximize vendor performance and value. CVM identifies, mitigates, monitors, and handles vendor risk; and assists Schwab in meeting regulatory and compliance requirements. The CVM organization also provides category management and demonstrates strategic sourcing capabilities in the Technology space (Hardware, Software, Telecom and Networks).What you are good at
The Sr. Manager, Technology (Hardware, Software, Telecom, and Networks), will play a crucial role within Corporate Vendor Management (CVM) by providing business partners with category management leadership, planning and expertise.
This position will be responsible for encouraging strong relationships with senior Schwab partners; developing, maintaining and executing Technology category plans; leading all aspects of the strategic sourcing lifecycle; as well as collaborating with risk groups and legal, as required, on vendor engagements. The Sr. Manager will also ensure that industry-leading procurement services tools are utilized to support growth relationships for our suppliers and business partners.
The Sr. Manager will lead the review, analysis, and negotiation of strategic technology projects, identify competitive vendors or other alternatives to generate leverage and drive favorable pricing and terms and conditions.
What you have
- Gather business and technical requirements and produce vital documentation in support of RFx events. Develop internal presentations and business cases to support management approvals of multi-year vendor agreements. Additionally develop, review, and manage any ad hoc documents requiring special circumstances and legal reviews.
- Provide economic analysis of vendor proposals and various internal management inquiries for existing or potential vendor expenditures. Identify and detail both internal and external risks associated with technology purchase transactions.
- Work with internal partners to determine risks and dependencies.
- Work with Finance, Legal, Risk and other subject matter authorities within Schwab to ensure that the policies and procedures and followed and met.
- 7+ years of experience in the procurement of Technology (Hardware, Software, Telecom and Networks) category management, strategic sourcing, consulting, vendor management, risk management and/or procurement (required)
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams and build category management plans that improve value and mitigate risks while ensuring internal partners' requirements are met
- Consistent track record of building effective working relationships with senior level business partners and internal/ external partners
- Self-starter, able to lead multiple projects and succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of contract law and risk requirements
- Expertise in sourcing policy, procedures and processes
- Flexible and adaptable in handling/implementing change and understands how that change will affect the team, internal Business Partners and vendors
- Ability to supervise multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment with tight target dates
- Ability to apply organizational change and consulting skills/knowledge and expertise