Director of Procurement and Strategic Sourcing (Finance) Business:
Boys Town Job Summary:
In a career as a Director of Procurement and Strategic Sourcing,
you help us keep our organization on track to meet (or better yet, exceed) our goal of bettering the lives of youth and families across the country. The Finance team at Boys Town has a big role to play in guiding the success of our brand through technical assistance, reporting and so much more. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of Americas youth.
The Director of Procurement and Strategic Sourcing directs aspects of the organizations procurement and sourcing including channel expertise, procurement functions, departmental management, contract negotiations, contract process management, and supply chain management. This position will interface with other areas in supply chain management such as receiving, warehousing, and operations to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of our suit of service offerings. Responsibilities:
- Provides strategic direction, vision and leadership to the procurement organization; becomes a trusted advisor to executive leadership and internal stakeholders for procurement matters. Works with key stakeholders to develop, maintain, revise and communicate the overall policies, mission, vision, strategies and practices to ensure alignment with the needs and mission of Boys Town.
- Develops strategic sourcing initiatives with stakeholder collaboration and vendor negotiation practices. Solicits feedback and refines the strategic procurement process.
- Leads teams that strategically manage direct and indirect spend by utilizing a proven sourcing process that engages stakeholders, aligns business objectives, and ensures supply continuity.
- Creates and implements organization-wide category strategies to deliver continuous improvement and better value across a multitude of delivery channels while maintaining high levels of client satisfaction relative to benchmarks and metrics.
- Manages collaborative relationships with all functional areas, including but not limited to operational functions, warehouse functions, receiving functions, IT, accounts payable, and finance.
- Builds, optimizes and measures annual savings plan goals. Establishes, analyzes and reports business analytics, KPIs, and customer satisfaction criteria for procurement.
- Maintains and establishes consistent contracting policies and procedures that comply with existing laws, regulations and Boys Town policies.
About Boys Town:
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Finance or other related degrees.
- 7 to 10+ years proven experience in supply chain, procurement, and/or contract negotiation specifically in buying and sourcing equipment, supplies and/or services for large, multi-location organizations. Hospital purchasing experience is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive, proven direct and indirect management experience as well as experience leading teams.
- Experience driving behavioral change and implementing cost savings.
- Evidence of the ability to strategize, influence, challenge and drive change in a matrix-based organization.
- Strong negotiation skills and business acumen paired with the ability to work directly with vendors to come to the best resolution for the company.
- Ability to problem solve and build solid relationships.
- Demonstrates professionalism, composure and prioritizes work efficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. Date Posted:
October 7, 2020
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.