Do you want to work with a company that changes lives all over the world? Aqua-Chem is a global provider of economically efficient and sustainably engineered solutions for purified water.Aqua-Chem, headquartered in Knoxville, TN, is a leading provider of Engineered Water Purification solutions for a global base of blue-chip customers. Aqua-Chem has been doing business for over 80 years and manufactures vapor compression distillation equipment, membrane-based water treatment equipment including reverse osmosis, nano-filtration, and ultra-filtration systems, as well as a variety of other water filtration, purification, and storage and distribution equipment, including complete water room design. Aqua-Chem also has a well-established Aftermarket Parts and Services business in over 40 countries. Aqua-Chem equipment is relied upon and trusted to provide pure water for critical needs by a diverse group of markets including pharmaceutical, beverage, military and offshore energy.
At Aqua-Chem, we demonstrate in our daily work life the Six Aqua-Chem Core Values:
- Teamwork - Everyone wins when working toward the same goal.
- Trust - We believe in each other's commitment to honoring our word and to supporting our teammates.
- Communication - An open exchange of clear information, direction & perspectives.
- Empowerment - Believe. Act. Succeed
- Innovation - Finding new and effective solutions for all customers.
- Ownership - We all have a stake in this.
- Ability to create a Win / Win Supply Chain Solution to achieve Total Cost, Production and Quality Goals as determined by the company
- Ability to source Industrial Components, Materials, Electrical, Instruments, Valves, Metals, Castings and Services domestic and Worldwide
- Effective communications, internal / external
- Basic technical knowledge to effectively request quotations based on engineering requirements and convert quotations to Purchase Order
- Industrial and Military purchasing background within a Manufacture to Order and a Parts and Service Organization
- Initiates purchase orders for specific materials and commodities to meet job requirements, cost targets and production schedule
- Develops and maintains acceptable vendor base for specified purchased materials.
- Maintains acceptable stock inventory levels as determined by the company
- Works closely with the Shop Scheduler/Planner to ensure material flow supports shop schedule.
- Negotiates cost reductions, prices, terms, delivery, etc., with vendors with suppliers
- Reviews pricing strategy with Director of Supply Chain as required.
- Ability to develop and source Industrial Components, Materials and Services
- Position requires regular exercise of decision making, problem solving and policy or procedure interpretation skills
- Ability to perform responsibilities with effective interpersonal skills and effectively interface with others inside and outside of the Company is required.
Experience and Skills:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2 years to 5 years preferably in an OEM Capital Equipment Environment
- Working knowledge of FAR and DFAR Military Purchasing Requirements is a plus.
- Strong production planning skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Project management experience
- Effective contract and negotiation skills
- Effective time management organization and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated high level of aptitude in spreadsheets, databases and electronic commerce
- Capable to analyze data and produce sound decisions within short timeframe
- Strong Team building skills
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.