Alnylam is the world’s leading RNA interference (RNAi) company.
Founded in 2002, Alnylam was built upon a bold vision of turning scientific possibility into reality by harnessing the power of RNAi for human health as an innovative new class of medicines. We are a growing biopharmaceutical company with two approved medicines and a robust pipeline of investigational medicines focused in four strategic therapeutic areas: genetic medicines, cardio-metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, and central nervous system (CNS) and ocular diseases, including several in late-stage development.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Alnylam employs over 1,400 people in 19 countries and is rapidly growing globally, with additional offices in Norton, Mass., Maidenhead, U.K., Zug, Switzerland, Amsterdam, Netherlands, and Tokyo, Japan. Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work five years in a row (2015-2019), a Great Place to Work in the U.K. and Switzerland in 2020 and Science Magazine’s #1 Top Employer in 2019. Please visit www.alnylam.com for more information.
The Procurement Category Manager, will be responsible for managing the IT and Technology category. He or she will develop and execute relevant and impactful Category Strategies and Tactis within the IT and Technology realm in a fast-pace/fast growing, highly entrepreneurial Biotechnology company. This individual will execute the individual Category Strategies through effective management and engagement with relevant stakeholders at all levels of the organization, in direct collaboration with Finance, Accounting, Legal/Compliance and other functions within the organization. The Category Manager will be fully responsible and accountable for the execution of Strategic and Tactical plans within the IT and Technology Category and delivery of Procurement benefits
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Develop and execute Category Strategy and Tactical Plans, including sourcing, demand management and process re-engineering projects.
- Deliver the project pipeline and shared goals annually in close collaboration with internal stakeholders, in full alignment with Category Strategies.
- Deliver Sourcing and Procurement projects in line with or exceeding target goals to ensure cost savings and other benefits are delivered
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key IT & Technology, Procurement, Legal/Compliance and Finance stakeholders, as well as key vendors in the space.
- Proactively manage and facilitate IT & Technology procurement projects, serving as main point of contact between vendor(s) and Alnylam, as well as advising cross-functional teams on vendor selection, contracting and vendor management best practices.
- Manage additional projects in support of the broader Procurement and Finance Organizations.
- Educate key IT & Technology stakeholders in Procurement Policy and Processes.
- Manage or participate in Supplier Relationship and Innovation (SR&I) programs
- Proactively identify, report and mitigate risks and establish Business Continuity plan for the Category
- Liaise with Procurement Operations Lead to ensure compliance with relevant Procurement Policies, processes and standards.
- Develop an approach for spot buys / ad-hoc business requests and document in the appropriate Buying Guide and Handbook for the Category.
- Provide guidance and advice R&D, TechOps, MAC and G&A Category Managers on capabilities projects with heavy IT-related components.
- Educate and coach Buyers and junior peers responsible for tactical project delivery in Category, ensuring roles and responsibilities are clearly communicated and understood.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on spend categorization and ensure accuracy of Spend Cube.
- Bachelors Degree, ideally in Business, Science, Engineering or Supply Chain. Advanced Degree (MS/MBA) preferred.
- 7+ year of direct experience in Sourcing and Procurement.
- In-depth knowledge of Sourcing/Procurement of the Information Technology Category, including Software-as-a-Service, IT Managed Services, on-premise software, Software Licensing, Software Implementation and Consulting, Cloud Computing, Infrastructure, etc. ideally in the context of Biotechnology or Pharmaceuticals.
- Experience and ability to work in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Highly skilled in technical Contract Negotiation, including direct collaboration Legal and business stakeholders in the creation, editing and implementation of contracts.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to proactively manage, prioritize and delegate projects in a cross-functional team setting.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to develop and execute strategic plans relevant to the IT & Technology category
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and influencing skills. Ability to interact with individuals at all levels internally and externally.
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.