Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
The Supply Chain department consists of Operations, Transportation, Inventory, Fulfillment and Reverse logistics. Supply Chain is focused on providing the best experience regardless of where goods are manufactured or shipped from. The goal is to delight our customer’s needs by providing next day delivery across the country.
As an Inbound Scheduling Lead, you will:
- Report directly to the inbound transportation manager.
- Lead all movements of freight for our inbound product including the tracking and scheduling of these movements.
- Develop daily tracking and -of-business updates for management relating to the flow and timeliness of deliveries to our network.
- Implement requirements including internal reporting and customized transportation metrics.
- Partner with carrier network to develop service-level agreements to ensure freight is picked up/delivered in a timely manner.
- Provide daily/weekly visibility into inbound freight spend to identify trends and opportunities to help manage costs.
- Develop scorecards to ensure performance goals are set and met.
- Lead in development of future state Distribution and Transportation network design.
- Utilize data to validate performance objectives to support daily and company strategic direction and growth plans.
- Build vision and priorities, driving strong engagement and delivering impact to the organization.
- Build a team to support driving service and cost projects across all aspects while partnering with all partners.
- Develop all plans across the business with a focus on execution and automation of systems and data.
- Lead partner relationships that improve long-term value for Spreetail that includes clear operating performance metrics and routines, negotiating contracts, and performance reviews
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Logistics or equivalent experience.
- You have 2+ years of distribution and transportation experience in retail or similar environment with a focus on inbound optimization.
- You have experience in a fast paced, high volume organization, which mandates quick decision-making,
- You have expansive experience in contract negotiations. Specifically, with major small parcel carriers, freight carriers and day carriers.